The Simlink Q3D is an add-on module that exports an intelligent design using the design process from one of our Designer Suites.
Once the layout has been created from scratch or re-intelligized from DXF/DWG files, the design layout will include embedded attributes such as Material and Net information. The exported design and attribute information is saved as a .VBS script to be read into the Ansys Q3D environment.
Key Export Options include:
- Spline Bond (for smooth wires)
- Dielectric Layers
- Ohmegaply Underlay
- Substrate Bond Pads (SBP)
- Union Metal objects
- Bond wire shapes include: Hexagonal, Octagonal, Ribbon, Round
- Bondwire Industry types: Jedec 4, Jedec 5 or set custom Jedec Height
- Creates .VBS script that will include information from design and settings and rebuilds in Q3D environment.
Full 3D image is generated inside Q3D including radius slopes and ports that were auto generated and auto-placed inside EPD.
Automatically Create Ports for export into Q3D:
Using the internal 'Captured' netlist, quickly create ports that will be used in the export to Q3D.
- Designate by Reference Designator (component) and pin.
- Populates with Captured Netnames
- Set Ohms values for Resistance and Reactance
- Includes X and Y coordinates of each port
- Set Text size or use default value set by EPD
- Enable or Disable ports for export