Once the layout has been created from scratch or re-intelligized from DXF/DWG files, the design layout will include embedded attributes such as Material and Net information. The exported design and attribute information is saved as a .MOD file for use with Microwave Studio™ analysis software.
Modify EPD Intelligent Design:
- Change bondwire Width or Material by selection or globally
- Add or Replace IC Dies from library and automatically re-wire
- Adjust bondwire assignments with Drag and Place or by manual input
- Capture a Netlist and Compare to reference or use for future use
- Check Design Rule Clearances (DRC) for Assembly and Manufacturing
- Create 3D Model for visual checking.
- Calculate the exact volumes of the constituent chemicals and elements in a Lead Frame or other substrate
- Create detailed reports including bondwire information and bond wire placement order
Convert Lead Frame Packages
Using the Master Lead Frame Design Suite, import a DWG/DXF of a lead frame package. These drawings will be raw data and vector lines that will need to be prepared for adding intelligence. Using the procedures and semi-automatic commands CDS has developed, lines will become Joined-Closed Polylines. Each entity type (traces, pins numbers, pads, power bars, etc) will be separated into individual layers. This will allow the software to process each entity type and then add embedded attribute information and finally block the design. The EPD Design environment has tools to set design Units and Material Stackup Information. This information will be used to create the 3D Model in the CST Environment. Stack Up Settings Include:
- Set Material type for each layer/level in the stack up (i.e. Bond wire, Mask, Top, Dielectric, Bottom side.)
- Use Standard
software provided Material types or
create your own using our Material Editor.
- Save the Material information to an XML file to be used again or share with other users.
- Set the Thickness for the height on each level.
- Set Positive and Negative material thickness tolerances.
- Dielectric constant of the material.
- Resistivity of the assigned material.
- Permeability of the assigned material.
Clean up old Lead Frame drawings using
Clean Up and Auto-Joining functions.
Finished design has embedded attribute now ready for Die and Wire placement.
Create Dies and Wire Bonds to be placed with Intelligent Lead Frame to create Signal Nets material information, and lengths
Wire bonding may be initialized from a fixed netlist or imported from another EDA system or automatically created by optimizing the connections to keep them short.
The Design can now be captured for net connections and the captured Netlist can be saved. If a reference netlist is available, the design can also be compared with the reference netlist. The EPD2MWS software can also export Individual or Multiple Nets for simulation.
The software can be used to check Design Rule Clearances (ADRC) using a library of over 150+ custom rules and comes with infinitely configurable standard rules which can be enhanced by adding your custom requirements for Complex Geometric Relationship Design Rule Checking.
The last step export the final design that has been made intelligent, assigned Material Stackup information for 3D model, Captured Netlist, DRC verified into a .MOD file format. One can open CST, import the .MOD script and information that will build the model with all net and material information inside MWS.