The Simlink HFSS is an add-on module that exports an intelligent design using the design process from one of our Designer Suites.
Once the layout has been created from scratch or re-intelligized from DXF/DWG files, the design layout will include embedded attributes such as Material and Net information. The exported design and attribute information is saved as a .VBS script to be read into the Ansys HFSS environment.
Key Export Options include:
- Spline Bond (for smooth wires)
- Dielectric Layers
- Ohmegaply Underlay
- Substrate Bond Pads (SBP)
- Set Custom Material Colors prior to Export
- Union Metal objects to maintain full net connections.
- Bond wire shapes include: Hexagonal, Octagonal, Ribbon, Round
- Support for bondwire Industry types: Jedec 4, Jedec 5
- Creates .VBS script that will include information from design, settings and rebuilds in the HFSS environment.
Convert Lead Frame Packages
Using the Master Lead Frame Design Suite, import a DWG/DXF of a lead frame package. These drawings will be raw data and vector lines that will need to be prepared for adding intelligence. Using the procedures and semi-automatic commands CDS has developed, lines will become Joined-Closed Polylines. Each entity type (traces, pins numbers, pads, power bars, etc) will be separated into individual layers. This will allow the software to process each entity type and then add embedded attribute information and finally block the design. The EPD Design environment has tools to set design Units and Material Stackup Information. This information will be used to create the 3D Model in the Ansys HFSS Environment. Stack Up Settings Include:
- Set Material type for each layer/level in the stack up (i.e. Bond wire, Mask, Top, Dielectric, Bottom side.)
- Use Standard
software provided Material types or
create your own using our Material Editor.
- Save the Material information to an XML file to be used again or share with other users.
- Set the Thickness for the height on each level.
- Set Positive and Negative material thickness tolerances.
- Dielectric constant of the material.
- Resistivity of the assigned material.
- Permeability of the assigned material.
- Loss Tangent of the assigned material.
- Thermal conductivity of the assigned material.
Clean up old Lead Frame drawings using
Clean Up and Auto-Joining functions.
Finished design has embedded attribute now ready for Die and Wire placement.
Create Dies and Wire Bonds to be placed with Intelligent Lead Frame to create Signal Nets material information, and lengths
Wire bonding may be initialized from a fixed netlist or imported from another EDA system or automatically created by optimizing the connections to keep them short.
The Design can now be captured for net connections and the captured Netlist can be saved. If a reference netlist is available, the design can also be compared with the reference netlist. The EPD2HFSS software can also export Individual or Multiple Nets for simulation.
The software can be used to check Design Rule Clearances (ADRC) using a library of over 150+ custom rules and comes with infinitely configurable standard rules which can be enhanced by adding your custom requirements for Complex Geometric Relationship Design Rule Checking.
The last step is to export the final design that has been made intelligent, assigned Material Stackup information for 3D model, Captured Netlist, DRCconfirmed to the .VBS script to be read into HFSS.
Full 3D image is generated inside HFSS including radius slopes and ports that were auto generated and auto-placed inside EPD.
Below is an example of exporting a 'single NET" of the Ground (GND) net from EPD to HFSS:
Cookie-Cutter Output Function:
Design entities are created into outlines to prepare. Draw a closed 0-width polyline to encapsulate the area to export:
Select the new 0-width polyline boundary and the area of design is now isolated and ready. Export isolated entities (creates a .VBS script) and read into HFSS.
Results shown After Import to the HFSS Environment